Thursday, October 25, 2007

1/7 Kureha PVC

Kureha from the series Shining Wind. I was a little worried about my pre-order for this figure because Hobby Link Japan had her listed as discontinued before they ever had her listed as in stock. Luckily my pre-order came through and she arrived this morning. Kureha is 1/7 scale and distributed by Max Factory. I was drawn to this figure the moment I saw it, even though I know nothing about Shining Wind. I just love the look of this figure. It's such a beautiful figure.

I love how they used Tony Taka's art on the box art. The box is beautiful itself.



One thing I noticed the moment I opened the box to remove her was the smell. She has a very strong smell of rubber/plastic. I have never had a figure smell like this before. lol Hopefully it'll wear off over time.



Her arms are a little rubbery. They give quite a bit when you move them, but I believe it's so you don't have as much trouble positioning her bow in her hand. I'm was afraid of breaking the bow when I was trying to put it in her hand. It has a small peg on it that fits into her left hand. The bow is positioned behind her back and under her hair.



She does have some visible seams on her lower legs but it's nothing too crazy. They are on the inside of her legs so you won't notice them unless you're right up on her.



Of course like the majority of figures out there, she is cast off. Her skirt is removable and the point of separation is well hidden. There's no gaps or anything between her upper and lower half if you choose to display her minus her skirt.



There's no real bleeding of colors. Her colors are very vibrant. She comes with a white oval base with the series name on it.



One thing I'm slightly worried about is her leaning down the road. Her feet don't fit firmly against her base. I had a bit of trouble inserting her feet into the pegs on the base, and there's a bit of space between her feet and the base. It also does not help that her right leg is not flat on the base.



Overall, I couldn't be happier with this figure though. She's a beautiful figure, and a wonderful addition to any collection. I'm not sure if she's a limited run or not, but a lot of online stores (i.e Play Asia, Hobby Link Japan, Hobby Search) are already listing her as "discontinued/out of print" If you are able to get your hands on her though I highly suggest it.

No comments: