Friday, November 9, 2007

1/7 Urd PVC

Urd from the series Ah! My Goddess. Urd is 1/7 scale and is distributed by Griffon. This is my first figure from Griffon and I can't say I'm too impressed. Urd comes free from her base. Since she's sitting Indian style you just place her on the base, no pegs or anything to hold her to it. I purchased this figure earlier this year from Play Asia and this is the second figure I have bought from them where the box has arrived damaged. Fortunately nothing was wrong with the figure but I like my boxes to be in good condition as well.



The paint job is probably my biggest gripe about this figure. The moment I took her out of her box I noticed the paint job wasn't all that great on her skin. It just has this odd look about it. I believe it's the type of paint used. There's not too much bleeding of the paint onto other portions of the figure. The sculpt is nice. Urd has this playful sexy look about her and I believe it fits her well.





There's a little name plate fixed to the base that has her name and the series name on it. The base is made out of plastic.



Hobby Link Japan has her listed as a December restock and Play Asia still lists her as in stock as well so she's still pretty easy to get your hands on if you are interested in the figure. There's not too many Urd figures that have been released so if you are a big fan of the character or the series, she's a good buy.

No comments: